The magazines, produced by Blue Ocean Entertainment, are aimed at children and feature Filly-themed comics, puzzles, recipes, posters, and more. In some cases they have also been used to foreshadow upcoming areas, e.g. before the Flower Tower's release, a Filly Butterfly magazine featured a map of Papillia with the addition of a sparkly outline showing where the new area would appear.
The magazines also come with items, including exclusive Filly characters.
There are ten variants of Filly magazines published in Germany:
- Filly-Magazin (Filly Magazine). The main magazine, mostly covering the newest regular toy brand. Every release in 2014 had a Butterfly Filly on the front page, for starters. Ice brands generally aren't covered, and new Sonderfiguren characters happens but are uncommon. It has been released monthly since 2009.
- Filly Season. This one covers specific themes and seasons, such as Christmas.
- Filly Traumhochzeit (Filly Dream Wedding). Covers Filly Wedding with particular focus on romantic things and on unusual ways to have wedding-related fun. Published roughly twice a year.
- Filly Mermaids. Covers the titular brand. Published in the summer months, with one edition each for June, July and August.
- Filly Sammelband (Filly Anthology). Proclaims itself to be the fan guide to the Filly characters, and does indeed have extended bios for all regular-release Fillys that was released in the past year, and a select few special characters. Published annually since 2012 and goes with a figurine of one of the characters.
- Filly SilberStars (Filly SilverStars). A celebration of all things silver, and that shows. The color tones are silver, the hair is silver, even the water is silver. Published annually since 2012.
- Filly Extra, also known as Filly Playset-Edition. Each edition covers a building with a household. Was published every two months in 2013, but the actual release span is a bit wobbly.
- Filly Star Stylist. As it has a fashion theme, its tasks and activities revolve around design, coloring, and clothes. Ties to the smartphone app with the same name is likely but not guaranteed. Published quarterly.
- Filly Unbox Fun - a new edition of 'Filly Magaziny' which features riddles, coloring pages, posters. It's pretty much the same as the ordinary magazine except for one detail: there's more 'Filly' toys coming with the magazine. Every copy of the magazine under this title is packed with the following gifts: one of the ten 'Filly Angels' figurine, four accessory items (out of 27), one 'Wish bag', one mini-poster and one manual for the certain accessory item being 'a sparkling pink ring'. As of now there is only one volume being released in Germany.
Gallery of images for variants of the magazine
- The Russian magazine has been ongoing since 2012 and is still running. In the beginning, it was published by 'Premiera media' but now the magazine is released through 'Origami' - it belongs to 'Ast' publishing (the one russian 'Filly' books were released by).
- A Czech magazine has been published by Řitka video. Largely based around Filly Fairy, with Filly Mermaids among the few other brands with a visible presence, it was published throughout most of 2012 and 2013, first as Koník Filly and later as Filly Fairy Magazín.
- A Norwegian magazine was published for some years around 2013; the details are a bit vague because the editor of this sentence is relying on his memory. It spent 2014 covering the Filly Elves on a two-year delay.
- The spanish magazine called 'Filly Revista' is around at least since 'Filly Butterfly'. This version is alike to the original one and only covers material for 'Filly' as its only brand.