The Star Fillies, of the Filly Stars toy line, have both horns and pegasus wings, with the pegasus wings being glowing, transparent and with varying coloration standards art-wise. They live in the land of Skylia.
As of 2018, the Star Fillies may be canon as "Angel Unicorn Fillies", who appear identical to Star Fillies but without star-themed crowns.
The Star Fillies are largely split up into four groups:
- Filly Skylights: Symbol of a blue cloud.
- Filly Starlights: Symbol of a dark pink star.
- Filly Sunlights: Symbol of a golden sun.
- Filly Twilights: Symbol of a pale pink wing.
Furthermore, packaging so far implies that several Fillies are special in these categories:
- Afrodite has a larger picture than others in the Skylight group. The planet Venus (named after the Roman goddess whose Greek counterpart is Aphrodite) can only be seen in the mornining/evening. Given the other Fillies' links, the Skylight group may be a dawn-themed group.
- Astro has a larger picture than others in the Starlight group. "Astro" means "star", which may be why Astro represents the Starlight group.
- Hermia has a larger picture than others in the Twilight group. The planet Mercury (named after the Roman god whose Greek counterpart is Hermes) can only be seen in the mornining/evening. This may be why Hermia represents the Twilight (dusk) group.
- Phoenix has a larger picture than others in the Sunlight group. Phoenixes are fiery birds, which may be why Phoenix represents the Sunlight group.
The Filly Twilight have winged feet, a reference to the winged sandals of the Greek God Hermes, after whom Hermia is named.
Over the Rainbow Bridge is the mysterious home of the Filly Moonlights. The other Star Fillies only go here to collect rare crystals since, for reasons no one remembers, a rift has formed between Moonlights and the other Fillies of Skylia.
The MyFilly site tells us that Zack (the white Star Filly who has been seen in the trailers) is a prince and strongly hints that he and his friendship with Zodia will play a part in reuniting Skylia.
List of Star FilliesEdit
The first toy line's naming scheme is mostly based on constellations, and thus incorporates various characters from Greek mythology as well as zodiac signs, although most of the names are variations on the actual constellation names (e.g. "Virgo" becomes "Virginia"). A few do not fit this pattern but still carry night/dream/star references.
For more information, see name meanings.
There are 12 Star Filly pets listed on the MyFilly site, all of which correspond to Zodiac signs. For animal signs with no human qualities, the pet will correspond to that sign (e.g. Aries, the ram sign, has Aero the ram, while Sagittarius, the archer/centaur sign, has an owl).
An exception is Cappy, who represents Capricorn but is, according to Capri's description, half-Ram/half-fish rather than half-goat/half-fish (rams are male sheep and represent Aries). This may be a misunderstanding as many people confuse sheep and goats, particularly male sheep (rams) and goats. Cappy's art gives him a beard, strongly implying he is indeed half-goat.
Their owners are those who are also named after the same Zodiac sign, i.e.
- Aquarius: Akira (seahorse) and Aquarius
- Aries: Aero (ram) and Aries
- Cancer: Cancie (lobster) and Cara
- Capricorn: Cappy (half-ram/half-fish) and Capri
- Gemini: Geri (snake) and Gemma
- Leo: Lio (lion) and Leon
- Libra: Liberius (parrot) and Libra
- Pisces: Piona (fish) and Pisca
- Sagittarius: Saggi (owl) and Saga
- Scorpio: Snippy (scorpion) and Scorpio
- Taurus: Toro (bully) and Tauria
- Virgo: Vicki (swan) = Virginia
The markings on the Star Fillies' legs are known as "Zodiac Marks" and appear as they grow up. When this happens, a party is thrown for the Filly!
Bird-winged Fillies prior to Star FilliesEdit
There were Angel Fillies before the Star Fillies set was released, which appear as Star Fillies without horns.